Wilsons Promontory Hiking Tour by Kombi Van from Melbourne
Famous for its coastal scenery, lush fern gullies, hilltop views and abundant wildlife, The Wilsons Promontory National Park (alternatively known as Wilsons Prom) is a breathtaking haven for any nature and wildlife lover. Our tour will have you hiking some of the best trails in the park where you’ll be challenged and rewarded with unforgettable views to make all that climbing totally worthwhile! On this tour you will be guided to the most pristine beaches, through native eucalypt forest and to the top of rocky peaks in the most southern part of Australia’s mainland. The views from the rocky summit of Mt Oberon are truly unforgettable. It’s a challenging but massively rewarding day that you will never forget!
Wilsons Prom is your main destination with plenty to see once upon arrival so your guide won’t make too many stops on the way. Once you arrive, the highlights include:
- Squeaky Beach
- Lilly Pilly Nature Walk
- Mt Bishop hike
- Mt Oberon hike
- Tidal River township
- Coffee from the good people at Supreme
- Delicious raw vegan treats from Pana Chocolate
- Fresh fruit on arrival and throughout the day
- A delicious vegan lunch (super sustainable, you won’t be hungry)!
- Backpacks by our friends at Poler will be available for all tour goers to borrow, they even have rain ponchos packed for you just in case.
- This tours offers plenty of chances to see emus, wombats, wallabies and other incredible wildlife.
As always, your local guide offers road trippers a unique experience, good vibes and an unforgettable day!
What to bring
- Dinner is not provided, so bring money, we’ll take you to the good stuff though
- Please bring a comfy pair of runners or hiking boots
- Sunsmart essentials
- A jacket, jumper or windbreaker (even in the summer months it gets very cool at the summit)
- In total you will do about 11k of hiking during the day so a good fitness level and a positive attitude is required for this tour