Half-Day Mt Wellington Summit Tour from Hobart
Enjoy an afternoon on Mt Wellington (Kunanyi) on this 2-hour experience. Leaves directly from the docks near the cruise ship terminal. View 360 degree panoramic views of greater Hobart and the western wilderness. Enjoy a short walk on the summit while learning about the complicated history of Hobart and Tasmania. View Australias oldest brewery, Cascades.
- Meeting point for summit tour is at the Hobart Travel and Infomation Centre
- The tour begins at 2pm
- Stunning 30-minute drive from Hobart winding your way up the mountain to the summit of Mt Wellington.
- From the summit enjoy a short pinnacle walk to the overhanging lookout where spectacular views of Hobart and the surrounding mountains are obtained (30-minutes)
- Learn about the Hobart, Tasmania and the mountains past, in geologic, enviromental and cultural terms, hear stories of bush rangers and Peter Degraves (Founder of Cascade brewery).
- Stretch your legs and explore the 'Springs" the site of the former springs hotel under the famous Organ Pipes (30-minutes).
- View Australia's oldest brewery, Cascade. Relax in the beautiful Cascade gardens (30-minutes).