Half-Day Kayaking Tour in Coorong National Park
Relax on this 6-hour, small-group kayaking tour of the Coorong National Park and Murray Mouth region. A walk across the sand dunes to the Southern Ocean will allow you to stretch your legs while the guide takes you on a bush tucker walk. This tour includes delicious food, three hours of kayaking, and numerous stops along the way.
During this 6-hour tour, explore the Coorong and see one of South Australia’s best-kept secrets. Just 52 miles (85 km) south of Adelaide is the internationally recognized Coorong Wetlands. Stretching more than 86 miles (140km), the Coorong National Park protects a string of spectacular saltwater lagoons that are sheltered from the Southern Ocean by the sweeping, rolling sand dunes of the Young Husband Peninsula. The best way to explore these waterways is by kayak. See your itinerary for this tour below:
- 9am - Arrive at the end of Mundoo channel drive (Hindmarsh Island)
- 9:30am - Everyone on the water
- 10:15am - Arrive Barkers Knoll for morning tea
- 11:45am - Arrive at Young Husband Peninsula
- 12pm - Complete dune walk at the beach side
- 1pm - Finish lunch
- 1:30pm - Depart Young Husband Peninsula
- 2:10pm - Arrive at Murray Mouth
- 2:30pm - Depart Murray Mouth
- 3pm - Arrive at Murray Mouth Lookout
Kayaking is the most enjoyable and sustainable way to see the Coorong, allowing an intimate experience with the wildlife of the Coorong without impacting the natural ecology.