Full Day Private Original Sound of Music Tour
Full Day Private Sound of Music Tour including breakfast at the Palace of Leopoldskron, hiking the Sound of Music Trail famous for the opening scene where Maria sang do-re-mi...
A perfect private full day tour – visit ‘The Sound of Music’ film locations, enjoy breakfast at the beautiful Rococo Palace Leopoldskron as well as a lunch special at the world class restaurant Obauer ( optional) and furthermore learn more about the real-life of the Von Trapp family.
Filmed in Salzburg and the Lake District, the 1965 musical film became a worldwide hit, using stunning settings that were as captivating as the storyline itself.
After breakfast at one of the film sites — Schloss Leopoldskron — visit the Gazebo located at the Gardens of Hellbrunn Palace.
The tour continues to the picturesque Alpine village called Werfen where we follow Maria’s footstep on the Sound of Music Hiking Trail – the famous opening scene with breathtaking views. For more information about the Sound of Music Trail please see our news about the opening ceremony.
On our way back we arranged a lunch special (optional for 35 Euros) at Obauer, one of the most exclusive restaurants in Europe, awarded by the French Guide Gault Millau with 4 toque and 19 points.
After lunch visit the spectacular Fortress Hohenwerfen, not only part of Sound of Music but also film location for the movie Where Eagles Dare with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood in 1968. The last part of the tour takes you via scenic mountain roads to Mondsee visiting the wedding cathedral where the romantic wedding in the movie was filmed - a perfect place to end a perfect day.
• Private Tour of The Sound of Music film locations in Salzburg, Salzkammergut and Werfen
• Start your day with breakfast inside Schloss Leopoldskron
• Sing 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' at the real Gazebo, in the garden of Hellbrunn Palace
• In Werfen hike on the new Sound of Music Trail and have a break at the same meadow, where Maria sang “do re mi” with the children
• Lunch at Obauer one of the top three restaurants in Austria (optional)
• Visit the remarkable Fortress Hohenwerfen (also known from the movie), dating back over 900 years
• Visit the beautiful Lake District, Salzkammergut, and the Sound of Music Wedding Cathedral in Mondsee