Dhaka in One Day: Highlights of Dhaka Tour
Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, has a rich history and diverse culture. A guided, full-day tour is the best way to explore the city's attractions and most important sights. On this 10-hour tour you'll learn about the history, traditions, and current lifestyle in Dhaka.
Your guide will pick you up from your Dhaka accommodations at 8am. This tour is customizable, so if there are any main attractions you want to make sure you visit, you can tell your tour operator in advance to ensure the best possible experience.
- Start the day at Dhaka University, which played a vital role in Bangladesh's journey to independence. There are many monuments and historical sights from this time period.
- Explore locals' favorite markets and gain insight into the city's shopping culture at the New Market, Aziz Super Market, and Karwan Bazaar. *New Market and Karwan Bazaar are closed on Tuesdays, Aziz Super Market is closed on Thursdays
- Visit the Liberation War Museum, where you can learn about the struggle of the Bangladeshi people under the British regime and the War of Liberation in 1971. *The museum is closed on Sundays
- See the National Parliament, which is recognized as one of the top 100 modern architectural buildings of the world. *You will not be entering the National Parliament.
- Dhaka is known as the city of the rickshaw, and a rickshaw ride to see for yourself is included in your package.