Cradle Mountain National Park Day Tour from Launceston
Awaken your senses to the magnificent splendour that is Cradle Mountain - Lake St Clair National Park on this full-day tour from Launceston.
Go deep into the pristine Tasmanian forest and experience the solitary wilderness of waterfalls, glacial lakes, rainforest, wildlife and unsurpassed beauty of this World Heritage listed National Park. Discover many walks throughout the rainforest - catch your breath as you first glimpse the craggy outcrop of majestic Cradle Mountain towering above sparkling Dove Lake plateau.
- Travel through green pastures South West of Launceston
- The mountains of the Great Western Tiers guide you towards Cradle Mountain National Park
- Pass quaint and historical towns of Carrick, Hagley and Westbury
- Scenic town of Deloraine - hub between Launceston and Devonport
- Travel further inland passing Australian Blue Gum and pine plantations
- Tour Sheffield - the town of murals
- Traverse through dense forest and mountainous terrain
- Cross the beautiful Cethana Dam made to support hydro scheme
- Look for wombats, potaroos and wallabies in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Stop at Cradle Village Cafe for lunch (own expense)
- Visit the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre for an appreciation of the Cradle Mountain National Park
- Take a short stroll along the Enchanted Forest Walk viewing pencil pine, lush forest and a spectacular waterfall
- Stand in awe as you take in the powerful and majestic Cradle Mountain reigning over the picturesque Dove Lake
- Take a short walk around Dove Lake taking in the views of Cradle Mountain (weather permitting)
- Visit Waldheim Chalet (the forest home) of Gustav Weindorfers
- Stop at Ashgrove Cheese Farm for some famous Tasmanian cheese
- Learn how cheese is made and sample the numerous varieties of cheese made on the premises.