AUSTRALIAN NATIVE FOOD TOUR from Melbourne
Enjoy a memorable journey on our Native Foods Tour with a passionate nutritionist who supports the Indigenous Australians! Indulge your senses in the rich aromas of bush tucker and learn how to use these unique herbs and spices in everyday cooking. A special experience like no-other, which will educate you about the First People of Australia and inspire you to explore more of the beautiful country we call home, Australia.
Enjoy a cultural foods tour with your personal tour guide, Julie Merlet, Nutritionist and owner of Natif -an Australian company which focuses on native bush foods and supporting the Indigenous Australians.
Experience the aromas and diversity of flavors of Australian Native fruits, herbs and spices.
Learn about ‘how to use’ them and their ‘health benefits’, where they grow naturally around Australia and take some home to use.
Indulge in fine dining at Charcoal Lane Melbourne and try their famous char-grilled kangaroo sirloin combined with red rice, sandalwood nut, crispy kale, riberry salad, orange, quandong + chilli sauce.
We acknowledge the Aboriginal people of Australia for being the traditional custodians of this land. We pay our respects to their elders, past, and present, who have cared for this land for thousands of years. We thank them and others for sharing their fountain of knowledge about native foods of Australia.
Melbourne Bush Tucker Tour Proposed Itinerary
Duration: 5 hours
- Pick up 10.00 am
- Warm welcome with Lemon Myrtle Tea
- Melbourne Museum to see the First People Exhibition
- Aromatic walk through the bush tucker garden
- Learn how to use bush super-foods, herbs and spices in everyday cooking
- Native Australian lunch at Charcoal Lane
- Experience native foods and herbs with a display of products and super foods
- Receive a take home sample of Wattleseed, Lemon Myrtle, Kakadu Plum, Desert Lime, Saltbush and Pepperleaf
- Return to Melbourne accommodation