1-Hour Pearl Luggers Tour
• View some of the last remaining pearling luggers in Broome
• An hour of fascinating guided commentary
• Watch rare archival footage
• See, touch and hold some of our most valuable pearls and diving artifacts
• Enjoy an exclusive pearl meat tasting
• Prior to the 11am tour, participants may purchase a Pearling Masters themed High Tea for an additional fee
Immerse yourself in a tale of hardship, adventure and intrigue.
This unique one hour tour offers a guided commentary on Broome’s pearling history. Travel back in time to an era of courageous men who lived a life of danger, fortune and adventure. Visitors are captivated as 150 years of Broome’s unique maritime and pearling heritage unfolds in the very environment where the history was made – amongst the mangroves on the foreshore of Roebuck Bay’s Dampier Creek.
Pearl Luggers is located right in the heart of ‘Chinatown’ and features a fully rigged and restored pearl lugger surrounded by a replica inter-tidal jetty and tenders store. It is without doubt the closest link to the pearling era of long ago where daily life ebbed and flowed with the comings and goings of the great pearl luggers fleets.